Saturday, January 22, 2011

Kidney Stones, OUCH!

Last week I went with some friends of mine to see the Narnia movie. As I was sitting there I remembered when the second Narnia movie came out and my husband, step-son and I went to see it, all excited! My husband spent most the movie time in the bathroom in excruciating pain. I spent the movie in the lobby making sure he was OK and didn't pass out in the bathroom. He was hurting! He refused to go to the doctor. He thought he had diverticulitis and said it would pass. He decided to take the Five Day Nutritive Cleanse. This is a great cleanse and much easier to do when you are well. In fact it is a preventative cleanse and should be done regularly for it supports wellness. After the cleanse, while he was urinating one morning, he heard a "clink" sound in the toilet. He looked down and behold! There was a kidney stone. "Oh! Not diverticulitis!" "I was passing kidneys stones!" He passed one more a few days later. Thank goodness he survived the ordeal. The stones were jagged, with spikey looking things and the stones were as big as the tip of my little finger! He must have a high pain tolerance!

Once we figured out what his pain was caused from we did a little research on kidney stones. The following is taken from the "Esesntial Oils Desk Reference":
"There are four types of kidney stones: Stones made from calcium (the most common type), stones made from magnesium and ammonia (a struvite stone, a hydrated magnesium-containing mineral), stones made from uric acid, and stones made from cystine (the most rare)... It is important to drink plenty of water (at least 6 eight-ounce glasses daily) to help pass a kidney stone."

Oils that are recommended in the "Essential Oils Desk Reference" (EODR) for kidney stones are:
Wintergreen, lemon, geranium, juniper berry, orange
Apply the oils topically on the kidney area with a warm compress, 1-2 times daily. Massage 2-3 drops on kidney Vita flex points of feet. Ingest using capsules 00 size, 2 times daily rice milk, 2-4 times daily.
Dietary Supplements recommended are: K & B Tincture, Polyzyme, Essentialzyme, Detoxzyme, apple cider vinegar. Do NOT take vitamin C.

I always like to reference Louise Hay"s book "Heal Your Body" to see what the emotional connection is. Under Kidney stones she says the following:

Problem: Kidney Stones
Probable Cause: lumps of undisolved anger
New Thought Pattern: I dissolve all past problems with ease

When I read the new thought pattern, I use the oils recommended in the EODR. I say the new thought pattern over and over while smelling the oil. Then eventually my mind automatically goes to the new thought pattern whenever I smell the corresponding essential oil. Awesome!

*If you like my blog entries and would enjoy being notified when new ones are made, go to the "Receive Daily Posts" box located on the right of this screen, and subscribe via email. Also, if you are not already a member of Young Living, join my team! I would enjoy living the wellness journey with you! Just click on the "Young Living" icon to the right of your screen, or click here to enroll now!

Thank you and blessings,

Laina

4 comments:

  1. I also read somewhere that if you take a capsule with purification in it that that can help as well :) I hate kidney stones. Boo. Hopefully neither Allen nor I get them again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are pretty bad! I hadn't heard of using purification before. Great to know, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Kidney stones can form when urine contains too much of certain substances. These substances can create small crystals that become stones.
    kidney stones

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comment and the link! Very valuable resource. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete