Monday, August 29, 2011

Ovarian Cysts

I have a daughter who suffers from painful ovarian cysts. It has come to my attention recently that she is not alone. According to the Free Dictionary by Farlex: "The most common types of ovarian cysts are follicular and corpus luteum, which are related to the menstrual cycle. Follicular cysts occur when the cyst-like follicle on the ovary in which the egg develops does not burst and release the egg. They are usually small and harmless, disappearing within two to three menstrual cycles. Corpus luteum cysts occur when the corpus luteum—a small, yellow body that secretes hormones—does not dissolve after the egg is released. They usually disappear in a few weeks but can grow to more than 4 in (10 cm) in diameter and may twist the ovary. Ovarian cysts can develop at any time in a female's life from infancy to puberty to menopause, including during pregnancy. Follicular cysts occur frequently during the years when a woman is menstruating, and are nonexistent in postmenopausal women or any woman who is not ovulating. Corpus luteum cysts occur occasionally during the menstrual years and during early pregnancy. (Dermoid cysts, which may contain hair, teeth, or skin derived from the outer layer of cells of an embryo, are also occasionally found in the ovary.)"

According to the "Reference Guide for Essential Oils" by Connie and Alan Higley, the following Young Living supplements may help: FemiGen, which helps feed the body, and Master Formula Hers, which is a multivitamin. I take FemiGen on a daily basis to assist my body with menopause, as well as Progessence Plus, which according to Dr. Dan Purser, assists the body's hormone balance. Hormone imbalance and low progesterone levels play a major role in the development of ovarian cysts. Progesterone is the hormone responsible for the egg release. Many women with cyst problems have been found to be low in progesterone. I have found that my body feels more relaxed and functions better as long as I take my FemiGen AND my Progessence Plus daily. I usually take one drop Progessence Plus four times a day to maintain the comfort level I enjoy most. Some days I do less, however, I always use this essential oil supplement, 24/7. Another essential oil that is recommended in Connie and Alan Higley's book is the oil of Basil. Just put a drop or two in a teaspoon of mixing oil such as the V6 oil, olive oil, or almond oil. Then rub this mixture on the lower back and abdomen.

According to Valerie Worwood, in her book "The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy", as of the year 2009, over 100,000 people in Britain have Polycystic Ovarian Disease, or POD. POD is where ovarian cysts are abnormal growths, usually filled with fluid, that are liable to bleed or to become twisted in places, causing pain. Other effects are weight gain, hairiness, and various hormonal upsets. She recommends using a synergestic blend consisting of 10 drops Clary Sage essential oil, 10 drops fennel essential oil, 7 drops Geranium essential oil, 3 drops Rose essential oil, and two tablespoons vegetable oil. Rub this blend gently over the abdomen once a day. 

According to the Homeopathic Digest, another beneficial supplement to take would be the homepathic remedies of: Oophorinum; Rhus aromatica; and/or Sabal Serrulata. 

I know from watching my daughter that it can be a very uncomfortable and painful experience when these cysts rupture. She has spent a few visits to the doctor to make sure everything is alright. I hope that something I have written will assist those of you who are experiencing this challenge. For those of you who are not already my distributors or customers, all the products and essential oils I have mentioned in this post, with the exception of the homeopathic remedies, can be found and ordered on my web site at: www.youngliving.org/lamoore. 



*If you like my blog entries and would enjoy being notified when new ones are made, go to the "Receive Daily Posts" box located on the right of this screen, and subscribe via email. Also, if you are not already a member of Young Living, join my team! I would enjoy living the wellness journey with you! Just click on the "Young Living" icon to the right of your screen, or click here to enroll now! Thank you and blessings, Laina

No comments:

Post a Comment