Dear Sha-Faun Team
We appreciate Nancy Sanderson and McBride Enterprises for sharing this compilation. We also thank all who helped make this happen.
120 Uses of the Twelve Oils of Ancient Scripture
Twelve Oils of Ancient Scripture™ contains the twelve most significant oils found in the Bible. Young Living's wish in bringing them to you is that you will savor and enjoy the beautiful fragrances and intriguing histories of these precious pure essential oils. Gary Young draws on his travels to biblical lands and explains the twelve oils on an audio CD, also included in this collection.
Contains: Twelve Single Oils (5ml bottles): Aloes/sandalwood (Santalum album), cassia (Cinnamomum cassia), cedarwood (Cedrus atlantica), cypress (Cupressus sempervirens), frankincense (Olibanum -- Boswellia carteri), galbanum (Ferula gummosa), hyssop (Hyssopus officinalis), myrrh (Commiphora myrrha), myrtle (Myrtus communis), onycha (pronounced oh-nigh-kah, a very thick oil, remove the plastic orifice and warm the bottle in your hand so that the oil will flow -- Styrax benzoin), Rose of Sharon/cistus (Labdanum -- Cistus ladanifer), and spikenard (Nardostachys jatamansi).
The number 120 in the Bible has significant meaning, and this Collection of 12 Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils are the most significant of the Biblical oil. Each one has meaning for every household. Enjoy the beautiful fragrances and intriguing histories of these precious Oils.
Special Thanks to McBride Enterprises for compiling this information.
I have added the ORAC and a little more information .. Nancy Sanderson
ALOES/SANDALWOOD (Santalum album) is the most valuable tree in the world. It takes 10 years for the sandalwood tree to form hardwood. Peak hardwood formation is achieved when the tree is between 40-60 years. King Tut’s tomb was filled with alabaster jars of aloewood /sandalwood oil which thieves later stole, leaving the alabaster jars behind. Sandalwood contains 90 % sesquiterpenes which deprogram misinformation and carry oxygen to the cellular level. Antitumoral, antiviral, immune stimulant.
“And there came also Nicodemus, which at the first came to Jesus by night, and
brought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about an hundred pound weight.
brought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about an hundred pound weight.
ORAC: 160 uTE/100g
1. Diffuse or place a drop in hand, rub hands together, cup hands over nose, and breathe deeply at bedtime to enhance deep sleep.
2. Rub a drop above eyebrows in a wide circle around the eye 1-3 times daily to help with vision.
3. Use as men’s cologne. May combine with carrier oil if desired, also great as an aftershave.
4. Add 6 drops to running bath water to disperse or combine with bath salts for a relaxing bath.
5. Use a drop or two for dry chapped skin and wrinkled skin. May combine with carrier oil.
6. For acute or chronic diarrhea, rub on stomach area and feet vita flex points.
7. Apply one drop to a cold sore as soon it begins and repeat 5-10 times daily.
8. Massage in hair and on scalp to retard graying.
9. Ingest it in capsules in carrier oil either by itself or with other oils such as frankincense for health benefits.
10. Put a drop on an incision to speed wound healing.
CASSIA (Cinnamomum cassia) comes from a slender, evergreen tree which grows up to 20 feet tall. It is native to
ORAC: 15,170 uTE/100g
11. Put a scant drop on your tongue and enjoy the delicious taste!
12. Put a drop or two on your fingers and rub through the hair. Perfumed hair is good anytime, especially at night.
13. Diffuse or put a drop in your hand, rub hands together and cup over nose for a joyful, uplifting feeling.
14. Add a drop to water, swish in mouth, and gargle for a delicious and effective mouthwash.
15. Put a drop in a glass of water and shake it up (to disperse the oil) for a protecting & a refreshing drink. You may just find it curbs your desire for sugar! Also taking it internally may help with fungal problems!
16. Use it in cooking. For example, add a drop or two to yams.
17. Add a drop to hot chocolate and enjoy!
18. Add a drop or two to hot water, stir, and drink to take away the chill.
19. Dilute 50/50 and apply to area of concern and Vita Flex foot points to help with boils, ringworm, and fungal infections, (candida).
20. Combine with carrier oil and other oils such as Frankincense, Sandalwood, Myrrh, Hyssop, or Galbanum and wear as fragrance or put it on a handkerchief and carry with you or take to bed at night.
CEDARWOOD (cedrus atlantica) produced mainly in
closely related to the cedars of Lebanon. King David and King Solomon used this wood
for the construction of their palaces because of its aromatic oil content which lasts
indefinitely. Used by the Sumerians and Egyptians more than 5000 years ago, Cedarwood
essential oil is believed to have been the first oil to be obtained by distillation. It was known as the oil of gladness in ancient times, and was used for a variety of purposes including temple worship, mood elevation and mental clarity. It was used as both a traditional medicine and incense in
Dr. Terry Friedmann MD found in clinical tests that this oil was able to successfully treat ADD and ADHA (attention Deficit disorders) in children. It is recognized for its calming, purifying properties.
ORAC: 169,000 uTE/100g
21. Diffuse or inhale from bottle to enhance prayer and meditation.
22. Rub a drop of oil in your palms and then cup them over your nose and mouth,
Inhale, breathing deeply to help with mental clarity.
23. Apply on location as an effective insect repellant. For those with sensitive skin, dilute as needed with V6 mixing oil or olive oil (organic, extra virgin is best).
24. Apply a drop to a cotton balls and place in drawers to repel insects and keep clothing fragrant and smelling refreshed.
25. Apply a drop or two to the soles of the feet to enhance the immune system and boost the body’s natural defenses.
26. 1-3 drops rubbed into the scalp may help to inhibit hair loss.
27. A drop or two rubbed on wounded skin may help to clean, disinfect and protect from infection.
28. Rub a drop or two on the chest area either diluted or full strength to help relieve symptoms of bronchitis.
29. To enhance deep sleep, inhale cedarwood directly from the bottle or apply a drop near the temples and the back of the neck.
30. Apply a small amount of oil over the sinus areas to help improve symptoms of sinusitis.
times for purification and as incense. The Phoenicians and Cretans used
ORAC: 24,300 uTE/100g
31. Use a drop or two of
32. Equal parts
makes a wonderful serum for skin toning and also aids with the healing of scar tissue.
(Try five drops of each in a 5ml bottle and then fill the rest of the bottle with carrier oil.)
33. Mix several drops of
help with arthritis discomfort. (Those with less sensitive skin may wish to try applying
35. Apply a drop of
37. Use several drops mixed with V-6 mixing oil and apply where needed as an insect repellant.
38. Diffuse Cypress, or inhale directly from the bottle to help with insomnia.
39. Help relieve acute chest discomfort and/or bronchitis by rubbing
40. Help strengthen blood capillaries and increase circulation by rubbing
mixed with V-6 mixing oil on location. When used with Helichrysum oil, may help with Cypress
varicose and spider veins.
varicose and spider veins.
FRANKINCENSE (Boswellia carteri) One of the gifts of the wise men to our Savior,
frankincense would have been rubbed all over the body of the baby. Egyptian tradition
says that “Frankincense is good for everything from gout to a broken head” or in other
words “good from head to toe”. "Used to treat every conceivable ill known to man," Frankincense was valued more than old during ancient times, and only those with great wealth and abundance possessed it. It is mentioned in one of the oldest known medical records, Ebers Papyrus (dating form sixteenth century B.C.) an ancient Egyptain list of 877 prescriptions and recipes. Other names for frankincense are “olibanum” or “Oil from
ORAC: 630 uTE/100g
41. Put a drop on an insect bite to help reduce swelling and speed healing.
42. Apply 1-2 drops of on temples and/or back of neck to help improve concentration.
43. Apply 1-3 drops on each foot to help strengthen the immune system.
44. Dilute 1 drop in 1tsp. honey or 4 oz. rice milk and ingest daily for health maintenance.
45. Dilute 50/50 with V-6 Mixing Oil and apply to a blistered area 3-5 times daily as needed.
46. Diffuse or inhale from the bottle to help with mood elevation.
47. Dilute 50/50 with V-6 Mixing Oil and massage 6-9 drops onto each foot at night to help with sore feet.
48. Apply 1-3 drops to shoulders stomach and bottoms of feet to help with low mood induced insomnia.
49. Apply 1-3 drops on nails and at base of nails, 3 times per week to help strengthen brittle or weak nails.
50. Rub a few drops on stretch marks 2 times a day.
GALBANUM (ferula gummosa) was valued for its medicinal and spiritual qualities. It
was known as Moses favorite oil. “And the Lord said unto Moses, take unto thee sweet
spices, stacte, an onycha, and galbanum, these sweet spices with pure frankincense of
each there shall be a like weight.” Exodus 30: 34
The medial properties are antispasmodic, anti-oxidant, antitumoral, anti-inflammatory, hemostatic (stops bleeding) antibacterial, antifungal, improves blood flow, liver and pancreas stimulant, dilates bile ducts for liver detoxification, helps cleanse oily skin; revitalized skin cells.
ORAC: 26,200 uTE/100g
51. Feeling overwhelmed put 2-3 drops of Galbanum on the bottom of each foot to help bring emotional balance.
52. For sore muscles apply a few drops to the affected area. If it is a large area, mix with a few drops of V-6 mixing oil.
53. For that time of the month when a woman needs a little up lifting or is cramping, put 3-4 drops on the bottom of each foot. Also inhale the oil.
54. If you can not seem to focus on what you are doing then put a drop in the palm of your hand and rub a little on each temple and on the brain stem. Cup hand over nose and inhale deeply.
55. For indigestion put a drop on your stomach.
56. During time of prayer apply to the bottom of feet and apply a drop in hands, rub hands together, cup over nose, and breathe deeply.
57. Combine with frankincense and diffuse for spiritual uplifting.
58. Diffuse or apply 2 drops to temples or message into scalp to relieve a headache.
59. Rub 2-3 drops over kidneys and/or on Vita Flex points of feet for kidney/bladder concerns.
60. Apply a drop over blemish to clear up acne.
HYSSOP (hyssopus officinalis) has a very long history as a cleansing herb. Hyssop is a protective herb of the heavens. It is touched with the love and protection of the divine.
The Medical properties are mucolytic, decongestant, anti-inflammatory, regulates lipid metabolism, antiviral, antibacterial, and antiparasitc, respiratory infection/congestion, viral infections, circulatory disorders.
ORAC: 20,900 uTE/100g
61. Add several drops to a glass spray water bottle to clear a room of charged emotion or depression.
62. Rub a drop or two on shoulders to reduce tension.
63. To loosen up a tight chest, inhale; it’s highly expectorant.
64. 20th century physicians who used herbs in the
65. Apply in cold compresses as soon as possible after bruising to help reduce the bruise.
66. Hot compresses of hyssop oil are helpful for rheumatism.
67. 10 drops in a 1oz base of carrier oils can be used as a chest rub for respiratory conditions.
68. For the respiratory system, especially to help discharge toxins and mucus, diffuse, apply to throat and chest, and feet.
69. Add 5-10 drops to bathwater for nervous exhaustion, melancholy or grief.
70. Use a drop on injured area to help prevent scarring.
MYRRH (commiphora myrrha) has one of the highest levels of sesquiterpenes, a class
of compounds that has direct effects on the hypothalamus, pituitary and amygdala, the
seat of our emotions. Research in
properties as well, which is probably why it was administered to Jesus prior to his
crucifixion. The Arabian people used myrrh for many skin conditions, such as chapped and cracked skin and wrinkles. It was listed in Hildegard's Medicine, a compilation of early German medicines by highly-regarded Benedictine herbalist Hildegard of Bingen (1098-1179)
Medical Properties: Its a very powerful antioxidant, antitumoral, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, anti-parasitic, analgesic/anesthetic, fungal infections, (Candida, ringworm, eczema) tooth/gum infections, skin conditions,(chapped, cracked, wrinkles, stretch marks, cancer, hepatitis,
71. Drop 2-3 drops on a dried log and allow time for oil to soak in before putting the log on the fire.
72. One drop of myrrh oil on your canker sores may help them to disappear.
73. Rubbing 1-2 drops on your gums may help heal gingivitis.
74. Mix 2 to 5 drops in water for a excellent mouthwash.
75. Use 1ml oil in 15ml carrier oil for bronchitis and colds with thick phlegm.
76. Mix 10 drops with 25ml of water, shake well and use externally on wounds.
77. Putting 1 drop on a blemish may help it to go away.
78. Adding 4 drops to 15ml carrier oil is good for calming.
79. Myrrh is extremely effective at killing STAPHYLOCOCCUS, a (wound bacteria).
80. Blend with sandalwood to help with vitaligo, a skin condition where there are patches of skin without pigmentation.
MYRTLE (Myrtus communis) The Hebrew name for Queen Esther was Hadassah which
means myrtle. Myrtle oil is steam distilled from the leaves. Myrtle is antimutagenic, a
liver stimulant, a prostate and thyroid stimulant, a sinus and lung decongestant, and is
antispasmodic. “Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree,, and instead of the brier
shall come up the myrtle tree”. . . (Isaiah 55:13)
ORAC: 25,400 uTE/100g
81. To balance hypothyroidism and normalize thyroid, apply on the thyroid and the parathyroid Vita Flex points on the feet. Mix with a bit of carrier oil and apply to base of neck just under the Adam’s apple.
82. For bronchitis, rub on bronchioles & Vita Flex foot points. Use in the shower at the first sign of attack.
83. Add one drop in a teaspoon of honey for a cough.
84. For a chronic cough, diffuse, apply to throat and chest area, and massage on vita flex areas on the feet.
85. For diarrhea, rub on stomach and Vita Flex points on the feet.
86. For prostate decongestant, apply a drop or two to inside ankle and heel.
87. For sinus, apply to Vita Flex points on feet and rub on each side of the nose.
88. For asthma, apply 2-4 drops to soles of feet 2-3 times daily. May also take in a 00 size capsule 2 times daily.
89. For hemorrhoid relief, dilute 50/50 and apply 3-5 drops on location. This may at first sting, but should bring relief with one or two applications.
90. Use for children’s coughs and chest complaints because this is a relatively mild essential oil. May dilute with carrier oil before applying to child’s throat and chest.
ONYCHA (styrax benzoin) Although onycha is only mentioned in scripture by name
once, it holds the high position of being an ingredient of the holy incense (Exodus
30:34). Other names for onycha are “benzoin”, “friar’s balm” and “Java frankincense”.
Tincture of benzoin was an antiseptic used in hospitals for more than a hundred years
(since the mid 1800s). Onycha may have been used in hospitals but it does NOT have a
hospital smell. It contains vanillin aldehyde, which gives it the pleasant of vanilla.
Onycha was valued anciently for its ability to speed healing of wounds and to help
91. Put a drop on a cut or scrape to speed healing and help prevent infection.
92. Place a drop on a wound to help slow bleeding.
93. Place a drop on each underarm instead of deodorant.
94. Dilute 1 drop in a tsp of honey or 4 oz. of rice milk and ingest to help with a cold, cough or sore throat.
95. Rub several drops on the stomach to help ease gripping pains.
96. Combine with rose and V-6 Mixing Oil for a full body massage to help elevate ones mood.
97. Mix with either lavender or peppermint and diffuse for a warming, soothing effect. (Note: do not diffuse onycha alone as it is to thick and resinous)
98. Put in some warm rice milk (4 oz) and gargle (then swallow) to help with a sore throat or laryngitis.
99. Rub a several drops on chapped or cracked skin to help speed healing.
100. Mix with V-6 Mixing Oil and rub on the chest to help break up mucous and ease a cough.
ROSE OF SHARON/CISTUS (Cistus ladanifer) is also known as rock rose. It has been studied for regeneration of the cells.
“I am the Rose of
ORAC: 312,000 uTE/100g
101. Apply a drop or two to places of concern for arthritis.
102. Great for autoimmune challenges. Apply to areas, diffuse, and apply to Vita-Flex points on feet.
103. Apply to areas with inflammation alone or mixed with carrier oil.
104. Put a drop in the palm of your hand and rub hands together then cup over nose and inhale to help with stuffy nose.
105. Apply 4 or 5 drops along the spine to help with infection.
106. Dilute with v-6 mixing oil and apply to the face for wrinkles.
107. Put a few drops on chest with v-6 mixing oil for bronchitis.
108. For nervousness or uptightness apply to wrist, inside elbows, temples, soles of the feet, and inhale.
109. For a calming effect through out the house diffuse 15 to 20 minutes.
110. Due to the phenol action of this oil it may strengthen and support the immune system. Apply 2-3 drops on the soles of the feet daily.
SPIKENARD (Nardostachys jatamansi) Spikenard has also been known as “nard”
and “false Indian Valerian root” oil. It was prized in early
during the time of our Savior. Spikenard is 93% sesquiterpenes which have the ability to
oxygenate the brain. The amount of Spikenard that was poured on our Savior before his
death would be worth almost $2,000.00 in today’s currency…or a year’s wages for a
common laborer in that time. It was the one of the most precious oils in ancient times, used only by priests, kings, or high initiates. In the New Testament it describes how Mary anointed the feet of Jesus before the Last Supper.
Medical Properties are: antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, relaxant, immune stimulant, Insomnia, menstrual problems/PMS heart arrhythmias, nervous tension.
ORAC: 54,800 uTE/100g
111. Dilute a few drops with V-6 Mixing Oil and apply to rough or wrinkled skin.
112. Dilute 50/50 with V-6 Mixing Oil and apply on location for help with hemorrhoids (this may sting initially).
113. Apply 2-4 drops at pulse points (wrists, inside elbows, base of throat) 2-3 times daily for help with cholesterol.
114. Apply 1-2 drops at forehead, temples and mastoids (the bones just behind the ears) to help vitalize your brain.
115. In India, one drop is taken near the end of a meal to calm the stomach. (Note: Spikenard is not considered a Food Additive or a Food Flavoring by the FDA.)
116. Apply a few drops on the stomach to sooth indigestion.
117. Diffuse or inhale directly from the bottle to help create an atmosphere of forgiveness.
118. Apply a few drops and wear as a perfume or use for a deodorant.
119. Apply a few drops to feet and crown of head to help ground and balance the mind and stimulate a feeling of courage and power.
120. Place a drop on a cut to help disinfect and speed healing.
NOTICE: The information contained in this Newsletter is intended for educational purposes only and is not meant to substitute for medical care or to prescribe treatment for any specific health condition. Please see a qualified health care provider for medical treatment. We assume no responsibility to, or liability for, any person or group for any loss, damage or injury resulting from the use or misuse of any information in this Newsletter. No express or implied guarantee is given regarding the effects of using any of the products described herein.
For further information: please contact the person who shared this with you. **********************************************************************************************************************God Bless, and Have a Great Day,
Don't expect the same results unless you are using Young Living Therapeutic Grade essential oils and supplements. Also each person is different so they may not work as well for you as it does for others so try another oil or supplement that would work better for you.
Essential oil testimonials are an effective way of learning and sharing. With this knowledge,
we can take control of our own personal health. However, we are required by law to state:
we can take control of our own personal health. However, we are required by law to state:
"These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. Products and techniques mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease."
Information provided here is in no way intended to replace proper medical help. Consult with the health authorities of your choice.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time involved is 20 – 30 minutes immediately before bed
* Use your fingertips to “work” each drop ofinto your skin until the skin is dry again. Combine a simple rubbing motion together with the vitaflex technique (ask your sponsor for a demo of vitaflex).
* After you “work” the oil into the skin, pause a minute or two and simply inhale the aroma from your fingers. Think about the day past, the day to come, and the present moment. Relax and inhale again. It’s called “aroma-therapy” for a reason.
(1) Begin with Spikenard. Position your opposite fingertips to prevent the oil from rapidly running across the foot. Put one drop on your big toe and two drops on the ball of your foot. Use your opposite fingers to work these three drops into the tips of your toes and the top of the foot. Repeat on the opposite foot.
(2) Next is Hyssop. The goal is one drop of oil near the bottom of the foot. The particular point we aim for is just above the heel, at the bottom of the arch, across the width of the foot. Again, position your opposite fingers at bottom portion of the foot to prevent the oil drop from spreading rapidly, before you let the oil drip onto the skin. Then work it in well with rubbing and vitaflex; repeat opposite foot.
(3) Continue with Hyssop. Lay back and drip 3 drops across your lower belly. Work it in with one hand (I generally skip vitaflex here) while holding the bottle under your nose with the other hand [personally I inhale and move the bottle away as I exhale).
(4) Next is Cypress for circulation. I don’t have varicose veins, but along the inside edge of my feet, back to the ankle are lots of blue capillaries sticking out. I also have a similar spot on the inside of my thigh, probably from karate, showing up now later in life.
Many people have such spots which need support. Focus on them and if they are varicose veins do not “work” the oil in. Just brush very lightly in the direction of the blood flow (toward your heart). So anyway, I put two drops on the inside edge of my feet and work it in because I don’t want to have varicose veins which are very fragile and break easily if you do not follow directions.
(5) Continue with Cypress, again laying back and dripping 4 drops in a box around your heart. Put your left hand over the drops and rub the oil in while holding the bottle in your right hand under your nose.
(6) Next is Galbanum. Lay back and put 2 drops below your navel (belly button) and 2 drops on your solar plexus (very top, middle stomach, just below ribs and breast bone). Put the bottle aside (on a solid surface) and position one hand on each spot and “work” it in using clockwise circular motion if possible. Hold your fingertips in place for a minute or more as you inhale the aroma (it’s a thin oil and absorbs very quickly). Then sit up and inhale some more from the bottle and pretend you’re Moses. This oil was his favorite and was used to “gather” negative thoughts together so they could be dispelled from his consciousness. Visualize this process and you will truly learn to enjoy the masculine scent.
(7) Next is Rose of Sharon (Cistus) a tremendous “expectorant” (coughing up tar, etc. even if you don’t smoke). Smokers should drip 2 – 3 drops on each side of their chest, at the bottom of the lungs. Personally I do it at the top near (or on) the throat. Again work the oil in until dry. Take long, deep breaths of this oil especially, because it is so good for your lungs.
(8) Next is Myrtle. Excellent to balance your thyroid as well as an expectorant and anti-infectious. Lay back and drip one drop on each side of the Adam’s Apple, and work it into the skin. Then put 1 – 2 drops on each side of your chest again and work it in. At last you say, finally an oil that smells like a perfume; enjoy.
(9) Next a short note about cassia and onchya. These are brand new oils for Young Living. Primarily I only use them orally at this time. Great for cooking I imagine. One drop of Cassia in the mouth is like an entire pack of Dentyne gum, awesome ! powerful ! Have a cup of water or plain oil handy when you try this. It may feel overpowering at first. Cassia makes a great breath freshener but I caution you to dilute this with plain mixing oil before applying to your skin (* see note below). It is similar to cinnamon, the hottest of oils.
Onycha smells like chocolate and tastes like chocolate honey. This is so thick it will not drip from the bottle while you have that spout in place. Remove the spout and Onycha will flow out, slow, rich, and gooey; delicious ! Seriously I will learn more about this oil but for now at least if you have bleeding gums, this is so thick it can probably help stop the bleeding while imparting all the benefits of essential oils (see also our toothpaste and mouthwash)
(10) Next is Myrrh. Another very thick oil, it will drip from the spout but be patient. Also beaware that it is the most resinous of oils and you must wipe the edge of the bottle with your finger after using or the next time it will be slightly difficult to open the bottle. I drip one drop onto my index finger and then apply behind the lower ear lobe and work it in. Repeat the opposite side and then repeat again with a drop to each carotid artery (on the front of your neck)
(11) Next is little finger against the spout opening to seal it and invert the bottle. You could hold it like this forever because your little finger blocks the oil from coming out., the King of Oils. This may well be the most important step, be generous to yourself. Open the bottle, place your
Now, be sure your bottle of frankincense is positioned over part of your body. It is a thin oil and flows quickly from the spout. There may well be a drop or two that beginners will see fall from their fingertip and as precious as frankincense is, I like to make sure any spillage occurs on some part of my body and not the floor.
Don’t worry, this is not tough and you will master it quickly or I wouldn’t advise it. What you do with the bottle inverted (from 45* - 90*) is angle your little finger to create a crack the frankincense can run out thru, and onto your fingertip. Now the oil is literally hanging from the tip of your finger and you insert your finger into your ear, twist, pull back slightly and continue to rub the oil onto the outer ear flap. Repeat this process on the same ear using your ring finger and apply the oil again to the outer ear flap. Work the frankincense oil in a little and then switch to using your thumb and forefinger and “rolling” or rubbing your ear flap between the two fingers. Proceed up and down the entire ear until the skin is dry again. Repeat entire process on your opposite ear, and remember to inhale lots of frankincense during this process.
(12) Next is Aloes/Sandalwood. We want to drip 3 – 4 drops onto our crown chakra (very top of head). I place the palm of my left hand against the back side of my head with my fingers pointing up. Now I lift the oil bottle with my right hand and touch the left fingers to guide the oil bottle into position. Then tip it up and allow the oil to drip. It comes fairly slowly so you can adjust your aim to hit the exact spot. Then rub it in with one hand while you sniff the bottle from your other hand.
(13) Next is Cedarwood, again a lovely fragrance to finish with. Drip one drop onto your middle finger and spread it across your forehead and work it in. If your shoulders are bare I like to put a drop on each, otherwise pick a location. The only place you can’t put essential oils is in your eyes. Enjoy your dreams !
* any medical insinuation derived from these notes was not intended. Consult a knowledgeable physician.
* When dripping oil onto your fingertips, I like to hold my 3 center fingers together and aim for the middle finger. As the oil naturally spreads out, any running down the side is caught by the next finger.
* Don’t drip any essential oil directly into your ears, but a low-heat oil such as frankincense applied first to your finger can be put into the opening of the ear canal.
* Keep essential oils away from your eyes. None of the biblical oils described should cause any problem when applied undiluted to your skin, however, sensitivity is an issue especially for natural redheads, natural blondes, and people who wear lots of make-up. First time users of essential oils should read the brochure coming with their order entitled, “How to Use EO”. It’s there for a reason. It comes in every order, every time you order.
.This information was sent to me by:
Debbie Syzponik / Nature's Gift, Inc.
More Great information sent to me by my upline. This article written by Dr. Stewart. Thank you Dr. Stewart!
Biblical Remedies for House Mold and Ailments of the Skin~^~By David Stewart, PhD
The fourteenth chapter of Leviticus describes a blend of essential oils composed of 50% cedarwood and 50% hyssop. This blend of pure essential oils has a variety of uses as given in the Bible
A Levitical Remedy for Skin Problems
Leviticus 14:54-56 suggests the blend for various skin ailments such as itches, scales, scall, risings, swellings, scabs, rashes, lesions, eczema, pimples, eruptions, skin spots, and/or any "leprous" disease, which could include dermatitis, psoriasis, skin cancers, and even leprosy, itself. The actual terms expressed in this passage depend on which version of the Bible you are reading, but they all refer to various unhealthy conditions manifesting on the skin.
The Biblical remedy is very interesting. The Scriptures prescribe applications of the oil blend to the right ear, the right thumb, and the right big toe for these diseases. These are all emotional reflex points for the right brain through which emotional issues can be resolved.
The Levitical instructions do not to say to apply the oils to the affected areas of the skin, which are the manifest symptoms of the disease. Instead, they say to apply the oils to the release points through which one would address the emotional roots of the conditions, rather than the skin conditions themselves.
There is some dispute over the exact application of the oils to the right ear. Some English versions of the Bible say “top of the ear” while others say “the ear lobe.” Meanwhile, the Hebrew version of the Old Testament simply says “ear” while some Jewish customs recommend applying the oil around the back of the ear. Each of these locations on the ear connote different emotional issues, but the point is that these application sites are all emotional and are not the sites of the rashes, eczema, or other manifestations on the skin.
I have not personally tested the Leviticus prescription for skin diseases. However, it is interesting to note the Biblical preference for addressing underlying emotional and spiritual issues over treating the surface symptoms directly on site. However, I would think that applying these oils directly to the affected areas of the skin might work well also. One of the wonderful things about essential oils is that you may experiment with them safely.
There are also some Jewish ceremonies described in Leviticus 14 that are prescribed to go with the anointings with the oils, but I expect that the oils would do their work without the rituals for which one can substitute a simple prayer for healing.
A Levitical Mold Remedy
Leviticus 14: 34-53 describes a problem with “diseased houses” whose walls have “greenish or reddish spots” which may be “deeper than the surface.” Of course, you will recognize that the Bible is describing an infestation of mold or mildew in the house. In modern terminology, this would be called the “sick building syndrome.”
The presence of toxic mold in your environment, especially in the heating and cooling ducts, should not be taken lightly. Prolonged exposure to toxic mold of any kind can result in serious illnesses.
According to the landmark book by Ed and Jacqui Close entitled, “Nature’s Mold RX: The Non-Toxic Solution to Toxic Mold,” the presence of mold in the one’s personal space, at home, work, or office, has been correlated with many disease conditions, including rashes, dermatitis, pain and inflammation of the linings of the mouth and throat, burning sensations around the eyes and in the nose, tightness of the chest, chronic coughing, bloody discharges from nasal passages, dandruff, diarrhea, earaches, hair loss, flu-like symptoms, fever, headache, dizziness, vomiting, asthma, allergy-like symptoms, sinus infections, respiratory congestion, sleep disorders, and fatigue.
Constant inhaling and exposure to mold can also affect brain function, causing loss of memory, personality changes, and slurred speech. Mold has also been implicated with such extremes as seizures, cancer, kidney failure, and Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS). Mold is, perhaps, one of the most commonly overlooked causes of sickness leading doctors to treat the symptoms in the person instead of the causes in the home or workplace.
Dr. Close’s book outlines a protocol using Thieves Blend Oil that can be 100% effective in solving mold problems. His book and DVD on mold and its remedy are available at www.RaindropTraining.com. Thieves Blend contains the oils of Cinnamon, Clove, Eucalyptus radiata, Lemon, and Rosemary. However, the Bible suggests another oil blend: Cedarwood and Hyssop.
I have not personally tried cedarwood and hyssop for mold remediation, nor do I know anyone who has. The Biblical blend of oils for mold has not been tested scientifically while the “Close Protocol” using Thieves Blend has been thoroughly tried and tested.
The important points to take from the suggested treatment of a diseased house in the Book of Leviticus are twofold. One is that mold is an ancient problem, as old as mold itself. And Two, that the ancient remedy (oils of cedarwood and hyssop) and the modern remedy (oils of cinnamon, clove, eucalyptus, lemon, and rosemary) are both from essential oils.
As the tests and experiments of Dr. Close have shown so conclusively, nature’s remedies for mold are far more effective and superior to any solutions afforded by man-made chemicals. Once again, God’s creations are found to be the best.